Making Halloween 2010 – Fairy Costume
I finally got around to posting the photos of sewing my 2010 Halloween Costume.
- I had made the black dress a few years ago.
- This year I made a jacket from some shiny red material (see photos below) with slits in the back to allow the wings to come through.
- Then I sewed the rough edges and covered them with ribbon. I picked up the wings and wig from a costume store.
- The wires in the wings were exposed (poking through the fabric), so I covered the ends in heavy felt to keep the wires in.
- I am wearing Scarecrow fangs that you mold to your individual canines with molding compound, and snap them in. This eliminates the need for a mouthful of plastic and they pop on and off very easily and are very comfortable for a prosthesis.
- The pointy ears are a latex and attached with a combination of spirit gum, flesh-colored liquid latex, power makeup and liquid makeup. The ears were also quite comfortable.
- In addition, I made the scarf / bow by taking a strip of the jacket fabric, turning the wrong sides together, sewing the edge and then turning the entire thing inside out.